quarta-feira, 11 de julho de 2012


The other day I was watching Dr. Phil, (and by watching I mean, zapping I stopped for about 3 minutes), and it was about teenagers who loved too much, and who were in serious relationships "because society made them" but, what shocked me even more was when he said "While in a relationship, you can't give more than you are willing to lose, you have to think about how deep you are in the relationship and take a step back, and if you see that you are, distance yourself ".
Being a teenager in a serious relationship myself, (and not because society made me), I mean, I understand his point of view, as in you can't be totally dependent on someone and so on and so forth ... but really? If you never "give more than you are willing to lose", how will you ever have something that's worthwhile, or worth having? 
Not only in love-relationships, what about friendship? Am I not supposed to tell my friends certain episodes of my life that made me who I am, because I would be "giving more than you are willing to lose", because those episodes were private, and JUST IN CASE we stop being friends, it would hurt me and "take a part of me"?
PLEASE, that’s like living your whole life on "Safety Control", thinking about the worst possible situation every single minute. Creating walls, and some not even with bombs can be brought down.
And, btw, when you're in love, you feel like the more you give to that person, the more you will revive, well at least that’s how it is with me. And isn't, supposedly, the best thing in the world giving? Why does that have to only be about money, or food at Christmas time?
With love, 
Glória Elizabeth

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário