segunda-feira, 25 de julho de 2011

Christmas and solidarity

Hi Santa,
I'm writing because it's Christmas and I have some wishes...
There are some children that don't have a home, don't have food or even love. We are used to having our parents right where you need them but some children don't have that luck.
Hunger is another problem nowadays. Many people live on the street with nothing to wear, and nothing to eat. I don't think people understand how hard it is to live without money or food. Some people pass by these people on the street and pretend they don't see them, but the truth is that if they were on the street begging for food... I don't think they wanted to be invisible.
I don't think presents are the most important at Christmas. Just being with your family on such a special day is already a big gift, but not everyone can have it. Some children spend their Christmas without their family.
So, I'm writing because these are my Christmas wishes, and I want them to come true.
Love from,

Ana Catarina Roque ,8ºB




Dear Santa Claus,
As a result of this economic crisis, I don´t want any presents. But there is one thing that you can do for me: you could give a happy Christmas to everyone in the world because there are people who have no Christmas and that is very sad.
If you could give that to me, it would be the best Christmas, not just for me, but for everyone in the world.
I’m really concerned about the world situation: there are environmental problems, poverty, homelessness… They are so many that I can’t enumerate them all. This planet and the people who live in it are in such bad shape, and I wish that you could do something to stop this.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very happy 2011.
Love from,

Gonçalo Guerra, 8ºB





Dear Santa Claus,
Thanks for one more Christmas. Now that I’m not a child any more, I would like to share some of my worries and dreams with you..
I used to think that every child was happy at Christmas time because you had the power to make their wishes come true. Sadly, when I look around I realize that Christmas is not for everyone. .Poverty, war and injustice are stronger than you, so you can’t always spread the magic of Christmas equally.
I know you do your best to make children happy and I dream that one day there will be joy in every child’s face, because they will always be waiting for you.
I’m grateful for all you have given me.
Thanks for listening to me!

Catarina Oliveira , 8ºB

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário